Sunday, June 19, 2011

Misal



I hardly know of someone who doesn't like chat, but when it comes to Maharashtrian Misal, you either love it or hate it! I never really ate very spicy food when I was in India, but after I cam to US 9 yrs ago, the lack of flavor in the American food kind of pushed me into boosting my spice levels. May be it was pure nostalgia, but today I can't have less than spicy food all the times. Even my 3 year old eats our level of spicy food! Well back on track, it was useless to expect to stumble across an authentic misal in the Indian restaurants here, so I figured it would be easier for me to try it at home. Some research here & there, and I found this replica of the authentic thingy on Nupur's blog, http://onehotstove.blogspot.com/2006/01/u-is-for-usalmisal.html. It turns out amazing & I always deep freeze the extra masala for future use. So the credit purely goes to Nupur for yet another amazingly easy recipe. If at all it matters, I acknowledge she rocks!!

2 comments:

Kajol Gopalani said...

Looks Yummy!! Misal is one of my favorite Maharashtrian dishes. You have tempted me to make Misal.

Vaidehi Dongre said...

Kajol, just come over, see I just said I deep free some extra masala!