Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Back to food blog with Aloo ka paratha

I am back to my favorite blog after a longggg hiatus! I lost touch with this blog about a year ago, considering i was expecting, working & blah. Recently some friends told me they miss my recipes & I am like, well could not have been a better timing!
So this time around I am writing this entry for Aloo ka paratha; one of my favorite Indian parathas. This one can be cooked to the palate of the healthy eaters & more importantly those of us who not always have lot of time on hand to cook their favorite indulge for dinner!
Ingredients
4 medium size potatoes
1 medium sized finely chopped onion
4-5 green chillies
some chopped mint or cilantro leaves
chaat masala
salt & lemon juice to taste
wheat flour 21/2 cups (Makes 10-12 parathas)
Method
1. Microwave the potatoes on potato setting & let them cool. Peal & mash these potatoes.
2. Mix all the stuffing ingredients with the mashed potatoes.
3. Knead wheat flour into a dough like that of a regular chapati dough.
4. Make a ball of dough & roll it into a small chapati. Stuff in the potato filling, close the ends & roll into one big delicious paratha. I cook my paratha with butter, it can be cooked with ghee, oil or dalda. Tastes best when served with some green chutney or curd. This serves 4.

No comments: