Sunday, June 21, 2009

Veggie Panini Sandwich

I am an ardent lover of the Italian style grilled panini sandwiches. It has been my observation that if the bread, cheese, filling combo is right; this sandwich comes out just perfect! I buy gourmet deli breads from super target/kroger. I am confident any grocery store would offer the soft italian bread that i have used in this sandwich. This is very easy to make & definitely satisfies my cravings for the perfect grilled sandwich. I used red bell peppers, onions, jalapenos, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh parsley. However, I would guess any other veggies like musrooms, serano peppers should taste just fine. I don't like to use fresh tomatoes with grilled sandwiches since they ooze water when hot & that kills the flavor of the cheese.
Ingredients
soft italian bread
sliced red bell peppers, onions
chopped jalapenos
sundried tamatoes
salt, pepper, mozarella cheese, gar.lic spread & cajun seasoning (optional)
Method
1. Spread garlic spread on bottom half of the bread & place it on the panini grill & assemble veggies on the bread topped with cheese. Place top half of the bread (with garlic spread) on this & heat till sandwich is done. Sprinkle cajun seasoning for that extra xing!

No comments: